SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
APPLICABLE TO THE STUDENTS ADMITTED TO PART I OF THE M.COM.COURSE FROM THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2012-2013 AND TO THE STUDENTS OF M.COM. PART II ADMITTED FROM THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2013-2014.
The performance of the learners will be evaluated in two Components. One component will be the Internal Assessment component carrying 40% marks and the second component will be the Semester wise End Term Examination component carrying 60% marks. The allocation of marks for the Internal Assessment and Semester End Examinations will be as shown below:-
A) Internal Assessment - 40% (40 Marks)
Allocation of 40 marks is as under
c. Viva and Interaction
GUIDELINES AND OTHER RELATED INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE PROJECTS UNDER THE INTERNAL ASSESSMENT FOR THE SEMESTER BASED CREDIT & GRADING SYSTEM
- Guidelines for doing project
- The M.Com. Programme shall be of two years duration and will be divided into four semesters. Each course in a semester shall have a project. There will be separate /individual project for every course.
- Every learner shall submit a project individually for every course in a semester.
- The topic / problem / theme for the project shall be suggested by the Course teacher or by the supervising teacher or by the coordinator of the Programme or approved by the Course teacher or by the supervising teacher or the coordinator of the Programme.
- Every project shall have an internal guide who preferably must be the faculty of the college and an external guide. The external guide shall be approved by the Principal of the College/Head of the Department.
- The project report shall be neatly typed in Times Roman in 12 points doubled spaced on A4 size paper. The project report shall not be less than 35 pages.
- The project report shall be hard bound and the title of the project, name, class, seat number and the name of the college/department shall be printed on the upper face of the hard bound copy.
- A learner shall submit two copies of every project at least one month before the commencement of the Viva Examination. Both the copies shall be certified by the internal guide / supervising teacher, the external guide and the Principal of the College / Head of the Department. One copy of the project shall be retained by the college/department and the other copy shall be returned to the learner after certification but before the commencement of the presentation and viva-voce Examination. The student shall bring his/her copy of the project during the Presentation and Viva-voce Examination.
- Structure of the report
- Title of the project on first page with the name, seat number / roll number of the student, name of the college/Department and the University
- A declaration from the student certifying that the project work is completed by him in person under the supervision of the internal guide and the external guide and that the contents of the project are not copied from any other source such as internet, earlier projects, text books etc.
- Certificate from the organization/enterprise/firm where project field work is conducted (for competing the project work)
- Certificate from the external guide
- Chapterization scheme
- CHAPTER SCHEME
- Chapter I
- History, origin of the firm on which project field work is carried out
- Objectives of the study
- Rationale behind the study
- Research problem
- Research methodology etc
- Chapter II
Review of literature if applicable
- Chapters III
- Chapters IV
Compilation of data collected
- Chapter V
- Bibliography (books, journals, articles etc. used for the project work).
- Stages of Project work
- Formulation of Project Proposal
- Field work and analysis of data
- Report writing
- Draft project report presentation ( Viva- Voce)
- Final project report submission
- Duration of project work
- The duration for project work is 4 weeks.
- A certificate showing the duration of the project work shall be obtained from the organization/firm from where the project work was done and it shall be included in the project report. If the project was not done for any organization/firm, then a certificate from the guide stating the reasons for not doing the project for any organization / firm should be obtained.
- Evaluation of project report
- The project will be evaluated for 40 marks of which 20 marks shall be for the hard-copy of the project, 10 marks for the presentation (not necessarily using computers. Can be oral presentation) and 10 marks for the Viva-Voce.
- The Principal / Head of the Institution / Head of the Department shall make arrangements for appointment of External Examiners for evaluation of the project at least 8 days before the commencement of the Viva Examination.
- The hard copy of the project shall be evaluated jointly by the Internal Guide and the External Examiner for 10 marks each.
- The presentations of the learners shall be evaluated by the Internal Guide. The Principal of the College/Head of the Department shall display a schedule of conduct of the Presentation of the project at least 8 days in advance.
- The viva voce shall be conducted jointly by the External Examiner in the presence of the Internal Guide / Coordinator and will be evaluated by the External Examiner only.
- The marks obtained by the learner in the Internal Assessment i.e. in the project will not be disclosed to the learner before the declaration of the results of the semester concerned.
A student who fails to submit the project in a course even after being granted the opportunity to submit the project with additional attempt will be declared fail in that course.
B) Semester End Examinations - 60% (60 Marks)
- Duration - These examinations shall be of 2 Hours duration.
- Question Course Pattern:-
- There shall be four questions each of 15 marks.
- All questions shall be compulsory with internal choice within the questions.
- Question may be subdivided into sub-questions a, b, c...and the allocation of marks depend on the weightage of the topic.
Responsibility of Assessment
The assessment of Part “A” i.e. Internal Assessment as mentioned above for the Semester I to IV shall be processed by the Colleges / Institutions / University Departments of their learners while the University shall conduct the assessment of Part “B” i.e. the Semester End Examination for Semesters I to IV. The Internal Assessment marks of learners appearing for Semester I to IV shall be submitted to the University by the respective colleges/ Institutions before the commencement of respective Semester End Examinations. The results shall be declared by the University after processing the marks obtained by the learner in the Internal Assessment and the marks awarded to the learners in Semester End Examination. The grade card shall be issued by the University after converting the marks into grades.