ELIGIBILITY NORMS TO APPEAR FOR THE ADDITIONAL CLASS TEST OR ASSIGNMENT FOR LEARNERS WHO REMAINED ABSENT:
- The learner must apply to the Head of the Institution giving the reason(s) for absence within 8 days of the conduct of the examination alongwith the necessary documents and testimonials.
- If the learner is absent for participation in Inter Collegiate events, State or National or International level events, Training camp or coaching camporganized by authorized university or state or national or international bodies, NSS / NCC Events / Camps / cultural activities / sports activities / research festival or any other activities authenticated by the head of the institution,the head of the Institution shall generally grant permission to the learner to appear for the additional class test or assignment.
- The Head of the Institution, on scrutiny of the documents and testimonials, maygrant the permission to the learner to appear for the additional examination.
MODE OFCONDUCT OF INTERNAL ASSESSMENT FOR ADDITIONAL EXAMINATION
Classtest or assignment for Internal Assessment:
- A learner who is absent for the class test and the assignment/s will be declared fail in the Internal Assessment Scheme.
- A learner who is absent for the class test and has appeared forthe assignment/s will be allowed to appear for the additional class test of 10marks.
- A learner who has appeared for the class test but remains absent for the assignment/s will be allowed to appear for one additional assignment out of 10 marks and the internal assessment will be calculated as out of 40 marks.
- A learners who is absent for the class test or one assignment as the case may be the learner will be allowed to appear for the additional class test/assignment and the internal assessment will be calculated as out of 40marks.
The Additional Class Test or Assignment must be conducted 15 days prior to the commencement of the Semester End Examination after following the necessary procedure and completing the formalities.
2. SEMESTEREND EXAMINATIONS
ELIGIBILITY TO APPEAR FOR ADDITIONAL SEMESTER END EXAMINATION:
A learner who does not appear i.e. remains absent in some or all the courses on medical grounds or for representing the college / university in sports,cultural activities, activities of NSS, NCC or sports training camps conductedby recognized bodies / competent authorities or for any other reason which is considered valid under exceptional circumstances and to the satisfaction of thePrincipal or the Head of the Institute OR fails n some or all the subjects iseligible to appear for the additional examination.
A learner who does not appear for both the Internal Assessment and Semester End Examination shall not be eligible to appear for the additional Semester End Examination.
The additional Semester End Examination shall be of two hours duration and of 60 marks per course. The learner shall appear for the course of the Semester End Examination for which he/she was absent or has failed. Learners who are punished under O.5050 are not eligible to appear for this additional examination.
MODE OF CONDUCT OF SEMESTER END ADDITIONAL EXAMINATION:
- There will be one additional examination for semester I, II, III and IV only for those who have failed or remained absent.
- The absent learner will be allowed to appear for the examination by the head of the institution after following the necessary formalities subject to the reasons tothe satisfaction of the head of the institution.
- This examination will be held 20 days after the declaration of results but not later than 40 days.
3. EVALUATIONOF PROJECTS (WHERE EVER APPLICABLE)
- A learner who passes in all the theory papers but does notsecure minimum grade 'E' in project as applicable has to resubmit a freshproject till he/she secures a minimum grade 'E'. His/her marks and/or grades inthe theory papers that the learner has passed will be carried forward but he/she shall be entitled for grade "E" on passing.
- The evaluation of project and viva-voce examination shall be by awarding grade in the seven point scale as given in (1) above.
- A learner shall have to obtain minimum of grade 'E' (or its equivalent marks) in project evaluation and viva/voce taken together. i.e. 40%marks in project work.
Subject where there are more than one papers/courses, the credits and grade will be awarded only when he/she obtains grade 'E' or above in seven point scale in each of the paper/course. The course in which grade 'E' or above is obtained,the credits of that course will be carried forward and will be put in credit bank till he/she gets grade 'E' or above in papers/paper in which learner has failed to get minimum grade 'E'.