- Gracing :
The gracing shall be carried out as per the existing Ordinances of the University as per circular no. UG/139 of 2001 dated 23rd April 2001, UG/212 of 1997 dated 12th June 1997 and the modifications on account of the introduction of Semester based Credit and Grading System vie circular no. UG/278 of 2011 dated 12 September 2011, UG/20 of 2012 dated 19th March 2012 and other relevant circulars as applicable.
- PHOTOCOPY, VERIFICATION & REVALUATION OF THE ASSESSED ANSWER BOOK/S:
The University of Mumbai by the directives by Hon. Vice Chancellor vide the VCD no. Exam/Photo & Rev./College/VCD/4636 of 2010 dated 05th April 2010 has provided the facility of obtaining the Xerox copy of the assessed answer books and the Verification and Revaluation. Applying for Photocopy of the answer book/s and applying for Revaluation will be two independent processes. However, applying for photocopy of the answer book /s or having photocopy of the answer book/s shall not be a pre-requisite for applying for revaluation of the answer book on the said subject. The student can apply independently for revaluation or photocopy or both simultaneously.
RULES & PROCEDURE (IN BRIEF) FOR PROVIDING THE PHOTOCOPY OF THE ASSESSED ANSWER BOOK/S (DETAIL PROCEDURE AND NORMS CAN BE OBTAINED FROM THE EXAMINATION COMMITTEE OF THE COLLEGE.)
- This facility, thus provided, shall be for theory papers only of all the examinations conducted by the college / institution on behalf of the University in the current session.
- Under these rules applying for the Photocopy/ies of answer-books shall not be permitted in respect of the scripts of practical examination / term-work / sessional work / project work / dissertation / internal assessment / term work (including theory part) and in Viva voce /oral / practical examinations.
- The Photocopy/ies shall be sought by submitting an application in the prescribed form along with the non-refundable fee of Rs.100/- per answer book by the examinee within seven (7) working days from the date of the declaration of result of the examination or issue of the statement of marks by the college / institution, whichever is later. The examinee/s belonging to reserved categories shall be granted 50% concession in fee.
- Incomplete application form shall be rejected without assigning any reason whatsoever and the fees paid along with the application form shall neither be refunded nor will any representation be entertained.
- No application after the due date will be entertained on any ground whatsoever.
- The College/Institution/Department shall endeavor to supply Photocopy/ies of answer books as far as possible within fifteen (15) working days from the date of receipt of application for photocopy/ies of the answer book/s.
- The Photocopy/ies shall be handed over to the applicant examinee in person only and under no circumstances to any other person.
- On receipt of Photocopy/ies the applicant examinee shall be the sole custodian of it and under any circumstances the examinee shall not part with the custody/possession of the same and also shall not use the same for any other purpose/s.
- If the examinee is found guilty of indulging in any unfair act/attempt he/she shall be liable to be tried before the Unfair Means Inquiry Committee of the college and the decision taken by the authorities based on the recommendation of the said committee shall be final.
- On receipt of the photocopy if the discrepancy of following nature is noticed by the examinee, he should apply to the Principal in the prescribed form along with the said photocopy and copy of the question paper within three (03) working days from the date of publication of the notice by the Principal of the respective college as per the provisions hereinabove. i) Mistake in totaling ii) Non assessment of a question / sub-question if required After due verification, the Principal of respective college shall make necessary rectification in the marks allotted to the said subject and consequently in the result of the candidate without charging any further fee for necessary rectification.
- On rectification of the result as per the provisions above, the candidate can apply for revaluation within seven (7) working days from the date of receipt of the rectified result, if he/she was not eligible to apply for revaluation of the said answer book under Rule 29 herein below mentioned and only by such rectification becomes eligible for revaluation in the said subject, subject to other limitations contained herein.
- In case of non-assessment of question / sub-question the original assessor or if the answer- book is moderated the moderator will be called for rectification. It will be binding on the concern examiner / moderator to attend the call of the Principal of the respective college and it will also be the responsibility of the Principal of another college to relieve the concern examiner / moderator to attend the respective College examination cell on the given date or within four (4) working days if no specific date is communicated. The concern examiner / moderator will be entitled for only travelling allowances. Not attending the call of the respective college within stipulated period will be treated as misconduct and penalty of Rs. 100/- per day will be imposed on all concerned and the same shall be recovered from the pay by the Principal of the college or any other authority responsible to draw the salary on receipt of the intimation from the Principal of the respective college. On deducting the penalty amount, the Principal of the college shall remit the same to the Principal of the college where the concerned examiner was called and the same shall be credited to the Students’ Welfare Account or the Library Account of the college to which the amount of fine is remitted.
- The examinee is free to apply for Photocopy/ies of answer books of as many subjects as he / she so desires.
RULES AND PROCEDURE FOR THE REVALUATION OF THE ANSWER BOOK/S ( DETAIL PROCEDURE AND NORMS CAN BE OBTAINED FROM THE EXAMINATION COMMITTEE OF THE COLLEGE.)
- This revaluation facility shall be for theory papers only of all the examinations conducted by the college on behalf of the University for the respective current session.
- A candidate can apply for the revaluation of the answer book of the subject only if he/she has secured at least 20% of the total marks in that subject or 40% of the marks required for passing in the said subject, whichever is less or the grade equivalent to the above criteria where grades are assigned to the theory papers.
- The non refundable prescribed fees of Rs. 500/- per subject per answer book for the purpose of revaluation shall be paid by the examinee within seven (07) working days from the date of the declaration of the result of the respective examination or from the date on which the college issued the statement of marks, whichever is later. The examinees from the reserved categories shall be given fifty per cent (50%) concession, provided a certified copy of the caste certificate is enclosed.
- The revised marks obtained by a candidate after revaluation, as accepted by the Principal of the respective college shall be taken into account for the purpose of amendment of his results only and the said result shall be communicated to the student/s by the Principal of the respective college.
- The whole process of revaluation shall be completed as far as possible within a period of thirty (30) days from the date of receipt of the application for revaluation by the college / institution.
- THE PHOTO COPY/COPIES OF THE REVALUATED ANSWER-BOOK/S SHALL NOT BE PROVIDED TO THE EXAMINEES.
- Pending the process of revaluation, and subject to the availability of the seats in the college, the student may be admitted to the next higher class to which he could have been admitted if he/she had passed in the said examination or had been granted A.T.K.T. for admission to the next class in the original examination as per the rules applicable for the stream and faculty of his education, as per the following norms:
- The student may be admitted to the next higher class to which he could have been admitted if he/she had passed in the said examination or had been granted A.T.K.T. for admission to the next class in the original examination as per the rules applicable for the stream and faculty if he/she had originally obtained required passing marks in the papers in which he/she had applied for revaluation,
- The college shall be entitled to charge fees of Rs. 500/- at the time of granting admission to such students to the next class before declaration of the result of the revaluation,
- Such admission shall be provisional; and automatically stands cancelled on receipt of the result of revaluation process, if the student is not declared passed in the requisite number of the subjects on revaluation which would entitle him/her to take admission in the next higher class, and in such case the fees originally collected by the college or any part of the same shall not be refunded,
- In case if the student is declared to have passed in the requisite number of the subjects on revaluation which would entitle him/her to take admission in the next higher class as per the Ordinances / regulations, the provisional admission will be regularized.
- In case of the reserved category students or other students who are entitled to get fee concession, on appropriating the amount equal to the amount of fees which the college can collect from the student and the balance amount shall be refunded to the student at the time of confirmation and continuation of his/her admission.
- In case of other students, the said amount shall be deducted from the total fees which the college or the institution is entitled to collect from the student as per the rules applicable.
- Pending the declaration of the result of the revaluation, the students who have taken admission to next higher class, as mentioned above, shall be allowed to appear at the examination to the next class and their results of the next examinations shall be declared only on their passing in the requisite number of the subjects on revaluation which would entitle them to take admission in the next class; and in case the students does not succeed in passing in such requisite number of subjects, their admission to the examinations of the next class, their performance and results of the same shall be treated as null and void.
The details of the procedure can be obtained from the examination department of the college.
- USE OF UNFAIR MEANS BY THE LEARNER & THE UNFAIR MEANS INQUIRY COMMITTEE :
Students resorting to the use of unfair means during the examinations conducted by the College on behalf of the University or by the University are requested to note that the minimum punishment recommended by the University (vide circular no. UG / 139 OF 2001 DATED 23RD APRIL 2001) is “Annulment of the performance of the Student at the University / College / Institution Examination in full”. The above action is recommended in case the student is found in possession of the copying material. If it is established that he/she has actually copied from the material, the recommendation is “Exclusion of the student from the University or College or Institution Examination for one additional examination”. The above referred circular is available with the Examination Committee for your reference.
Copy of the circular is available on the college website www.nmcollege.in and also with the Vice Principals, Chairperson of the Examination Committee and Chairperson of the Unfair Means Inquiry Committee.
STUDENTS ARE REQUESTED NOT TO RESORT TO USE OF UNFAIR MEANS