Introduction and Objectives
- To create additional avenue of Self Employment to the students & to provide suitable & trained persons for Financial Services Sector
- To prepare graduates to compete with the degree holders of Private & Foreign Universities.
- To make aware about the practical aspect of the theoretical concepts.
- To establish strong co-ordination between the Services Sector & the Institutions of Higher Education.
Bachelor of Commerce (Financial Markets) B.F.M.
The University of Mumbai started the Bachelor of Commerce (Financial Markets) course in 2008-2009. The course not only aims at training students to gain knowledge in the ever changing field of Financial Market but also leads to the all-round development of their personality.
The B.F.M. course provides comprehensive training to students in the field of Financial Market by way of interaction, projects, presentations, industrial visits, practical training, job orientation and placements. It is a perfectly designed full time course for all those aspiring to make a career in the growing and ever evolving field of Financial Market.
This course provides the student an insight into the various aspects of Financial Market which includes understanding finance and money, investments, risks, economics, various instruments used in financial markets, legal parameters, communication skills etc. The students are expected to take the appropriate decision at the right time and ensure that the same are implemented properly. Such are the people required in todayâ€™s globally competitive market and such are the people that NM College produces in abundance.
The students are moulded perfectly to fit in with the requirements of an ideal person in the field of Financial Market who knows how to make proper analysis, correct decisions, and most importantly to ensure the proper execution of the decision.
The faculty at NM College have understood the course completely to build a perfect platform for students and work as a friend, philosopher and a guide. N M College will definitely become a leading college offering the B.F.M. Course.
Hence, if you have the zest and the endurance to face challenges, the passion to succeed and win and also to commit yourself to building a challenging career in the field of Financial Market with an international outlook, B.F.M. is a course specially designed for you.
Duration of course:
- The course shall be a full time course. The duration of the course shall be six semesters spread over three years.
- Intake capacity - 60 students.
- The course shall consist of 38 modules of 100 marks each & 2 projects of 100 marks each. Total 4000 marks.
- Total number of lectures per paper per semester shall be maximum 60 of 48 minutes duration each. Number of lectures per paper per week shall be 4 in case of Theory papers.
- For subjects having practical component like 1.1.3, 1.1.4, 1.2.3, 2.3.5 & 3.6.3, total no. of Theory lectures per paper per week shall be 3 & 1 lecture of practical (consisting the duration equal to 3 lectures of 48 minutes) per week per batch. (Batch is of 20 Students)
- On an average 15 working weeks are available in every semester.