Eligibility norms to appear for the additional class test or assignment or project for learners who remained absent:
- If the learner is absent on medical ground or for any reason/emergency beyond the control of the learner, the learner must apply to the Head of the Institution giving the reason(s) for absence within 8 days of the conduct of the examination along with the necessary documents and testimonials.
- If the learner is absent for participation in Inter Collegiate events, State or National or International level events, Training camp or coaching camp organized by authorized university or state or national or international bodies, NSS / NCC Events / Camps / cultural activities / sports activities / research festival or any other activities authenticated by the head of the institution, the head of the Institution shall generally grant permission to the learner to appear for the additional class test or assignment.
- The Head of the Institution, on scrutiny of the documents and testimonials, may grant the permission to the learner to appear for the additional examination.
- The Additional Class Test (or Viva Voce examination) or Assignment must be conducted 15 days prior to the commencement of the Semester End Examination after following the necessary procedure and completing the formalities.
MODE OF CONDUCT OF INTERNAL ASSESSMENT FOR CANDIDATES WHO ARE REAPPEARING FOR THE INTERNAL ASSESSMENT
- For Courses without practical : In case of learner who is reappearing for the Internal Examination, the examination will consist of one project of 25 marks which will be divided into 13 marks for the documentation of the project, 6 marks for the presentation and marks for the Viva Voce and the interaction.
- For Courses with practical : In case of learner who is reappearing for the Internal Examination for subjects with Practical, the examinations will consist of practical examination of 25 marks which will be divided into 15 marks for the machine work / laboratory work, 5 marks for the Viva Voce Examination and 5 marks for the Journal.
ADDITIONAL SEMESTER END EXAMINATION:
Eligibility to appear for additional semester end examination:
A learner who does not appear i.e. remains absent in some or all the courses on medical grounds or for representing the College / University in sports, cultural activities, activities of NSS, NCC or sports training camps conducted by recognized bodies / competent authorities or for any other reason which is considered valid under exceptional circumstances and to the satisfaction of the Principal or the Head of the Institute OR fails in some or all the courses is eligible to appear for the additional examination.
A learner who does not appear for both the Internal Assessment and Semester End Examination shall not be eligible to appear for the additional Semester End Examination.
The additional Semester End Examination shall be of two hours and 30 minutes duration and of 75 marks per course. The learner shall appear for the Semester End Examination of the course for which he/she was absent or has failed.
Learners who are punished under O.5050(12)(1), O.5050(12)(13) and O.5050(12(14) are eligible to appear for the additional examination (if they are found guilty of use of unfair means at the Regular Semester End Examinations.)
Learners who are punished under O.5050(12)(2) to O.5050(12)(12) shall not be eligible to appear for this additional examination (if they are found guilty of use of unfair means at the Regular Semester End Examinations.)
SCHEDULE & MODE OF SEMESTER END ADDITIONAL EXAMINATION:
- There will be one additional examination for Semester I, II, III and IV only for those who have failed or remained absent.
- The absent learner will be allowed to appear for the examination by the head of the institution after following the necessary formalities subject to the reasons to the satisfaction of the head of the institution.
- Additional Examination for Semester I and II be held after the conduct of the Semester II Examination in the first half of every year (i.e. in March / April) and Additional Examination for Semester III and Semester IV be held after the conduct of Semester IV Examination in the first half of every year (i.e. in March / April). However additional Examination for Semester II and Semester IV be held after 20 days and before 40 days from the date of declaration of result of the respective Semester End Examination.
THERE IS NO PROVISION FOR CONDUCT OF ADDITIONAL EXAMINATION FOR THE STUDENTS OF THE T.Y.B.COM. CLASS.